Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
Ingredients of Grilled Pizzas with Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound), thick ends removed
- 1 bunch scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), thinly sliced, plus 3 tablespoons oil from jar
- 1 pound store-bought pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup ricotta
Directions for Grilled Pizzas with Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
- Heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, combine asparagus, scallions, and 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil; season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 6 to 9 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut asparagus and scallions into thirds.
- Brush a large baking sheet with 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil. On a lightly floured work surface, divide dough in half. Roll or stretch to form two 9-inch ovals. Transfer to prepared sheet, and brush with remaining tablespoon sun-dried tomato oil.
- Transfer dough pieces to grill. Cook until undersides are firm and beginning to char, 2 to 3 minutes. Using tongs or a large spatula, transfer crusts, grilled side up, back to baking sheet.
- Dividing evenly, top crusts with ricotta, then asparagus, scallions, and sun-dried tomatoes; season with salt and pepper. Slide back onto grill and cook, rotating occasionally, until crusts are cooked through and cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer pizzas to a cutting board, cut in half, and serve.