Active Time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
Ingredients of Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomatoes & Feta:
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, torn
Directions for Grilled Pizza with Pesto, Tomatoes & Feta:
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Meanwhile, place dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide into 4 pieces. Roll each piece into an 8-inch round crust, about 1/4 inch thick. Place crusts on a floured baking sheet. Carry crusts and toppings out to the grill.
- Lay crusts on grill (they won’t stay perfectly round). Cover grill and cook until crusts are lightly puffed and undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Using tongs, flip crusts. Immediately spread pesto over crusts. Top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with feta and pepper. Cover grill and cook until the undersides are lightly browned, about 3 minutes more. Sprinkle with basil and serve immediately.
Per serving: 430 calories; 18 g fat ( 7 g sat , 9 g mono ); 27 mg cholesterol; 49 g carbohydrates; 17 g protein; 4 g fiber; 749 mg sodium; 262 mg potassium.