Ingredients of Grilled Pineapple Salad:
- 1 large pineapple, top trimmed, peeled, cored, cut into large strips
- 2 tablespoons warm coconut oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Toasted shredded coconut, to taste
Directions of Grilled Pineapple Salad:
- Toss pineapple with oil and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Place pineapple strips on the grill grate and cook 3 minutes per side or until they are tender and lightly browned.
- Transfer pineapple to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly.
- Cut into chunks and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss with lime zest, juice, and coconut. Serve immediately.
Cook’s note: You can also serve this recipe as a warm topping for vanilla vegan ice cream.