Prep time: 10 min
Grill time: 20 min
Ingredients of Grilled Peaches:
- 8 firm and ripe peaches
- 48 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Mint sprigs for garnish
Directions for Grilled Peaches:
- Preheat Barbecue grill. Lightly spray grill with oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Carve an “X” on bottom of each peach. Immerse peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove and immediately plunge into ice water. When cooled, gently pull off skin with a paring knife.
- Stick 6 whole cloves into each peach. In a small bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar; roll peaches in sugar-cinnamon mixture. Place each peach, stem-side down, on a square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle remaining sugar-cinnamon mixture over peaches; tightly close foil around each peach.
- Place packets on gas grill over low heat or on charcoal grill 5 to 6 inches from coals. Cook approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Remove packets from grill. Carefully open packets and remove and discard cloves. The peaches are so juicy, it’s a good idea to open each packet in a serving bowl in order to capture all the juice. Serve hot or cold as a side dish, or with ice cream, if desired, for dessert.
NOTE: Grilled peaches freeze well or can be refrigerated for use within a week.