Reduced balsamic vinegar adds a tangy kick to peaches that are grilled to bring out their inherent sweetness. Be sure to choose nice, firm fruit; if the peaches are soft, they’ll collapse on the grill.
Ingredients of Grilled Peach and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad:
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 firm-ripe peaches (12 oz. total), halved and pitted
- 4-1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups lightly packed baby arugula (about 2-1/4 oz.)
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella (5 to 7 oz.), cut into 3/4-inch chunks (about 1 cup)
Directions for Grilled Peach and Buffalo Mozzarella Salad:
- Prepare a medium gas or charcoal grill fire.
- Combine the vinegar and thyme in a 2-quart saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the mixture is thick, syrupy, and reduced to 1/4 cup, 6 to 9 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the thyme sprigs, and season with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Rub the peaches all over with 2 tsp. of the oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill cut side down until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Slice each half into thirds.
- In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the remaining 2-1/2 tsp. oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange on a platter. Top with the buffalo mozzarella and peaches and drizzle with about 2 Tbs. of the reduced balsamic, adding more to taste. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Nutrition information (per serving):
Calories (kcal): 210; Fat (g): 14; Fat Calories (kcal): 120; Saturated Fat (g): 6; Protein (g): 7; Monounsaturated Fat (g): 6; Carbohydrates (g): 16; Polyunsaturated Fat (g): 1; Sodium (mg): 75; Cholesterol (mg): 30; Fiber (g): 1;