A heart of palm is the white, tube-shaped, sort of asparagus-tasting thing that comes from the inner core of certain palm trees. It’s most often used cold in salads. We’re going to grill this veggie, and it’s going to kick ass. Serve the grilled hearts of palm on the side like you would grilled asparagus.
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ingredients of Grilled Parmesan Hearts Of Palm:
- 2 14-ounce cans heart of palm, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black paper to taste
- balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
Directions for Grilled Parmesan Hearts Of Palm:
- Preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Drizzle the hearts lightly with oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Put the hearts on the grill and cook they’re until nicely marked all around, about 15 minutes total.
- Remove from the grill, transfer to plates, and while the hearts are still warm, drizzle lightly with the vinegar and sprinkle with the cheese and a little more pepper. Serve.