Servings # 4.
Number of ingredients: 6.
Prep time: 1 Hr 5 Min.
Total time: 1 Hr 5 Min.
- 2 small butternut squash (1 1/2 lb each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut four 18×12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Cut each squash lengthwise in half; remove seeds. Place squash half, cut side up, on each piece of foil. Sprinkle with salt.
- In small bowl, mix butter, orange peel and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Brush over squash halves. Fold foil over squash so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets over medium-low heat 50 to 60 minutes, rotating packets 1/2 turn after 25 minutes, until squash is tender. Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Sprinkle pecans over squash; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Winter squash, such as butternut, are an excellent source of beta-carotene and potassium.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g,Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 22g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:1 Starch;0 Fruit;1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;0 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.