Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 burger)
Ingredients of Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers:
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- 1 pound firm or extrafirm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
Directions for Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers:
- Combine first 8 ingredients and 3 garlic cloves in a small bowl. Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Pat each square dry with paper towels. Place tofu slices on a jelly-roll pan. Brush both sides of tofu slices with lemon juice mixture; reserve remaining juice mixture. Let tofu stand 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Place tofu slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3 minutes on each side. Brush tofu with the reserved juice mixture.
- Combine remaining 1 minced garlic clove, chopped olives, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a small bowl; stir well. Spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture over bottom half of each hamburger bun; top each serving with 1 tofu slice, 1 tomato slice, about 2 tablespoons watercress, and top half of bun.