30 minutes or fewer.
Ingredients of Grilled Insalata Caprese:
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill
- 2 large red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 large yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 tsp. garlic oil, plus more for brushing tomatoes
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese, halved, each half thinly sliced
- 12 leaves fresh basil
Directions for Grilled Insalata Caprese:
- Brush grill grates with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
- Brush tomato slices with garlic oil, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and place on grill. Cook 8 minutes, turning once, or until tomato slices are juicy and grill-marked.
- Arrange tomato and mozzarella in alternating pattern on serving plate. Drizzle with 2 tsp. garlic oil, and top with basil leaves.
Per Serving (4 tomato slices and 2 oz. cheese):
- Calories: 242
- Protein: 12 g
- Total Fat: 18 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
- Sodium: 66 mg
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sugar: 3 g