Yield: Makes 4 servings.
Active time: 20 min.
Total time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds large Yukon Gold or other yellow-fleshed potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs such as parsley, chives, rosemary, and oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon wedge plus additional for serving
- Prepare a gas grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-high heat; see Grilling Procedure .
- Cut potatoes into 1/2-inch-thick slices and cook in a large pot of well-salted boiling water 10 minutes (potatoes will not be cooked through).
- Meanwhile, stir together herbs, garlic, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large shallow dish.
- Drain potatoes well and transfer to herb oil, tossing gently to coat.
- Transfer potatoes to grill, letting excess oil drip into dish (reserve oil in dish). Grill potatoes, covered, turning once or twice, until tender, about 5 minutes total. Return potatoes to dish and toss again with herb oil. Squeeze lemon wedge over potatoes. Season with salt and serve with additional lemon wedges.
- Potatoes can be cooked in a hot grill pan 10 to 12 minutes.