Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 6 min
Ingredients of Grilled Green Onions:
- 18 large green onions*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
* Also know as Spring Onions and Scallions.
Directions for Grilled Green Onions:
- Trim onions, leaving about 2 inches of green top.
- In a shallow dish, combine olive oil, garlic, pepper, and salt. Add onions; stir to coat onions evenly. Cover dish and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to use, preheat Barbecue grill. Remove onion from refrigerator, drain and discard marinade.
- Cook 3 or 4 minutes on each side or until they are wilted and slightly charred. Remove from grill and let cool to room temperature .
NOTE: If using small green onions, bundle several together or cook them on a piece of aluminum foil.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.