The flavors of this salad are bright and bold, perfect for pairing with barbecue fare. Choose stone fruits, pineapple, or pears for grilling, and finish with a splash of citrus. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for a true summer treat.
- An assortment of fresh fruit (peaches, plums, pineapple, mango, or pears)
- olive oil
- 2 limes
- vanilla sugar or honey, to taste
- Preheat grill to 400F.
- Wash fruit and prep for grill. Cut stone fruit into quarters, and pineapple into wedges.
- Toss fruit in a teaspoon or so of olive oil and place on the grill.
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side, or until grill marks show.
- Remove from grill onto a cutting board. Chop fruit into large, rustic chunks and add to a bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice over fruit and add zest. Sprinkle vanilla sugar or drizzle honey over fruit.
- Toss gently and serve at once.
Chopped or torn mint is another excellent flavor pairing with the grilled fruit. A few leaves are often enough, as you don’t want the mint to over power the fruit.