Prep Time: 50 mins.
Total Time: 1 hr.
- 1 whole eggplant, cut lengthwise into 1/8-inch slices
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon granular sugar substitute (sucralose)
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a press
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 Teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 Teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 Ounce-weights Pecorino Romano cheese
- Sprinkle eggplant with salt and place in a colander for 15 minutes to drain bitter juices. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Brush slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Grill or broil 3 minutes per side, until very lightly charred. Arrange slices in a circular pattern on a platter.
- Combine remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, sugar substitute, garlic, parsley, oregano, black, and red pepper and a pinch of salt. Drizzle over eggplant slices.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave slices of Romano cheese over eggplant.
Per serving: Net Carbs: 3 grams, Fiber: 3.1 grams, Protein: 9.0 grams, Fat: 22.2 grams, Calories: 244. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet