Yield: Makes 8 servings.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ears of corn, husked
Ingredient info: Ancho chile powder is available in the spice section of many supermarkets and at Latin markets.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small skillet over medium-low heat. Add chile powder and cumin; stir 10 seconds. Transfer to medium bowl; stir in honey and cool.
- Add oregano, coarse salt, granulated garlic, onion powder, and 6 tablespoons butter to butter mixture. Mix until smooth. DO AHEAD: Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill corn until charred in spots, turning often, about 13 minutes. Transfer corn to platter. Serve with honey-ancho butter.