Yield: 8 Servings
Ingredients of Grilled Corn and Peppers:
- 3 cups Italian salad dressing
- 8 large ears fresh corn, husked and cleaned
- 4 medium green peppers, julienned
- 4 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium red onions, sliced and separated into rings
Directions for Grilled Corn and Peppers:
- Place salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container. Add corn, peppers and onions; turn to coat. Seal or cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place vegetables in a grill pan or disposable foil pan with holes punched in the bottom. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25 minutes or until corn is tender, turning frequently. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with fat-free Italian dressing) equals 145 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.