Servings: 6 servings.
Prep Time: 35 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
Ingredients of grilled cheesy potato packet:
- 4 cups frozen potatoes O’Brien with onions and peppers (from 24-ounces bag)see savings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
Directions for grilled cheesy potato packet:
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Spray 1 (18×13-inch) sheet of heavy-duty foil with cooking spray. Place potatoes on center of foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bring up 2 sides of foil over potatoes so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again, allowing space for heat circulation and expansion. Fold other sides to seal.
- Place packet on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 30 minutes, turning once. Carefully open packet; sprinkle cheese over potatoes. Cover loosely; let stand 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Per serving: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 220mg; Total Carbohydrate 14g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 4g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 0%. Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 Medium-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat. Carbohydrate Choices: 1. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet