PREP: 15 mins
COOK: 10 mins
READY IN: 25 mins
Original recipe makes 4 sandwiches
Ingredients of Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwich:
- 1 1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 8 thick slices (3/4 inch thick) sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons honey mustard
- 6 ounces sliced Havarti cheese
Directions for Grilled Cheese and Veggie Sandwich:
- In a medium bowl, toss together the coleslaw mix and bean sprouts.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with margarine. Spread opposite side of 4 slices with honey mustard. Layer the honey mustard side of the 4 bread slices with the coleslaw mixture and cheese. Top with remaining 4 bread slices, margarine side out.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sandwiches about 2 minutes on each side, until the cheese has melted and the bread is golden brown.