Ingredients Grilled Caesar salad with dressing:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 large slices Italian bread, brushed lightly with olive oil on both sides
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons anchovy paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to shave and use as garnish
- Nonstick cooking spray
Directions Grilled Caesar salad with dressing:
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients into a food processor and mix. Taste the dressing and adjust the seasoning to your taste. When finished, refrigerate until ready to use.
- Lightly spray or brush your grill grate with nonstick cooking spray. Heat the grill to medium.
- Place the whole romaine over the heat. Grill on both sides for about two minutes each side, taking care they don’t burn. You want them lightly charred. When the lettuce is almost finished, add the slices of Italian bread to the grill, away from the flame. Allow the bread to get toasty with just slight grill markings.
- Arrange the romaine on individual plates. Cut several slices into the hearts, vertically. You want to do this so the dressing runs into the inside of the romaine hearts.
- Cut the bread into small, bite-sized pieces and toss on top of the romaine.
- Drizzle the romaine and croutons with the dressing and shave Parmesan cheese over top.
- Make your next Caesar salad a bit more interesting simply by adding it to the grill!