Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 10 min
Ingredients of Grilled Brussels Sprouts:
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, as uniform in size as possible
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
* In order to facilitate even cooking, it is important that the Brussels sprouts be as uniform in size and shape as possible.
Directions for Grilled Brussels Sprouts:
- Preheat your Barbecue barbecue grill to medium.
- Cut off the stem end of the Brussels sprouts and remove any yellowing outer leaves.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large, microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove from the microwave and add the olive oil, garlic, mustard, smoked paprika, and salt; toss to combine. Allow the sprouts to cool until you can easily handle them.
- Skewer 4 to 5 Brussels sprouts onto each metal skewer with the stem ends facing in the same direction, leaving at least 1/2-inch in between each sprout. Place the skewers onto the prepared grill with stem end closest to the flame. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn the skewers over and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Serve as is or for additional flavor, remove the sprouts from the skewers, return them to the original mixing bowl and toss with any of the remaining oil and garlic mixture before serving.