Servings # 4.
Number of ingredients: 7.
Prep time: 10 Min.
Total time: 20 Min.
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ready-to-serve original Italian pizza crust (12 inches in diameter).
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces).
- 1 large bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced and cut into bite-size pieces (1 cup)
- 1 small sweet onion (Bermuda, Maui, Spanish, Walla Walla), thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spread pizza sauce on pizza crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Arrange bell pepper, onion and basil on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place pizza on sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil or pizza pan. Cover and grill 4 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza is thoroughly heated.
- Grilling is a great way to make this pizza, but you can bake it, too. Bake in a 450° oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- When minutes count, use 2 cups of frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry, thawed, in place of the fresh bell pepper and onion.
- It’s hard to resist fresh-baked pizza! Add a tossed salad with Italian dressing and an assortment of crisp relishes.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 465 (Calories from Fat 135), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 8g,), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 1050mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Protein 24g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:1 Vegetable; Carbohydrate Choices:4; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.