Ingredients of Grilled barbecued tofu sandwich:
- 14 ounces of extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons low-sugar barbecue sauce
- 1 cup prepared coleslaw
- 4 whole wheat buns
- Thinly sliced red onion
Directions for Grilled barbecued tofu sandwich:
- Cut tofu into one-half-inch thick slabs. Place in a deep bowl and cover with barbecue sauce. Cover the dish and chill for at least three hours or overnight to marinate.
- Once marinated, preheat grill to 450-500 degrees F. Grease the grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place tofu slabs on the grill, brush with additional barbecue sauce and cook for five to six minutes on each side, or until firm.
- Remove from heat and place on bun. Garnish each with red onion, one-quarter cup coleslaw and salt and pepper and enjoy!