Prep time: 25 Min
Total time: 45 Min
Ingredients of Grilled Banana Boats:
- 6 ripe firm large bananas, unpeeled
- 6 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons miniature marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions for Grilled Banana Boats:
- Cut 6 (12-inch) sheets of heavy-duty foil. Heat gas or charcoal grill, or heat oven to 350°F.
- With sharp knife, make deep lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open slit to form pocket. Crimp and shape 1 sheet of foil around each banana, forming boats.
- Holding each banana in hand, fill pocket with 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, 2 tablespoons marshmallows and about 1/2 heaping teaspoon chopped pecans.
- Return each banana to its foil boat. Seal top of foil, leaving 2 to 3 inches headspace. Place on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows soften. Or bake 15 to 20 minutes in oven until marshmallows soften. (Can also place in campfire coals to cook.)
- The beauty of this recipe is that it can be made for 1 or 100. Just adjust the measurements to accommodate for the number of people you are serving.
- The banana peel will turn black when heated. Don’t worry, the dessert will still taste wonderful.
1 Banana Boat Calories220 ( Calories from Fat45), % Daily Value Total Fat5g5% (Saturated Fat2g,2% Trans Fat0g0% ), Cholesterol0mg0%; Sodium5mg5%; Total Carbohydrate41g41% (Dietary Fiber4g4% Sugars24g24% ), Protein2g2% ; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A0%; Vitamin C10%; Calcium0%; Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 2 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.