PREP: 10 mins
COOK: 15 mins
READY IN: 25 mins
Original recipe makes 6 sandwiches
Ingredients of Grandma’s Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices American cheese
- 12 slices sandwich bread
Directions for Grandma’s Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- Whisk eggs, milk, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese together in a bowl.
- Place each American cheese slice between two pieces of bread to assemble 6 sandwiches.
- Dip both sides of each sandwich in egg mixture.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Place dipped sandwiches in the hot frying pan; cook until golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side.