Ready in 23 minutes.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese (frozen is fine)
- 1 tsp of salt
- pepper (to desired liking, I like around a teaspoon)
- 1/2 tbs sweet chilli sauce (optional)
- 3/4 one onion
- 1/2 large potato thinly sliced & cut in half
- 2 tsp olive oil
Prep: 8 minutes | Cook: 15 minutes
- Break eggs into medium bowl or measuring jug. Beat until all are combined and there are no large clumps of yolk or white.
- Add cheese, salt, pepper and chilli sauce if adding. Mix.
- Heat up frying pan to medium. Add oil and onion, cook until almost golden and add potato. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Make sure the potato and onion are spread evenly over pan and gently pour the omelette mix into pan and leave for 5-10 minutes. Keep checking that the bottom doesn’t burn.
- Turn on grill to medium. When omelette is half cooked (you wiggle the pan and not too much egg slides on the top), turn off stove and place pan into grill.
- Check often until the top is golden brown, it should only be a couple of minutes.
- Remove from grill and cut to desired size portions. Serve with salt, pepper and chilli sauce.