30 minutes or fewer
Ingredients of Corn Spaghetti with Fresh Grilled Corn and Smoked Mozzarella:
- 3 ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 4 poblano chiles (1 lb.)
- 6 oz. corn spaghetti
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2⁄3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 oz. smoked mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- Hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco, to taste
Directions for Corn Spaghetti with Fresh Grilled Corn and Smoked Mozzarella:
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Coat corn and chiles with cooking spray. Grill corn and chiles 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred. Transfer chiles to medium bowl, and cover with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle. Cut corn kernels from cob and transfer to large bowl. Peel, seed, and coarsely chop chiles; add to corn.
- Cook spaghetti in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente. Drain; transfer to bowl with corn and chiles.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cumin, and sauté 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add milk, and simmer 5 minutes, or until milk reduces by half.
- Pour hot milk mixture over spaghetti mixture in large bowl. Add cilantro and cheese, and toss until cheese begins to melt. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with hot sauce, and serve.
- Calories: 344
- Protein: 13 g
- Total Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
- Sodium: 430 mg
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 5 g