Total Time: 28 mins.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 13 mins.
Ingredients of Cheese Quesadillas With Grilled Peppers:
- 2 green bell peppers, julienned
- 1 -3 jalapeno, seeded and julienned
- 1 onion, cut into thin slivers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas (should say 6 10 inch tortillas. Food.com’s program changed it to 60 inches, sigh)
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions for Cheese Quesadillas With Grilled Peppers:
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in the grill with a lightly oiled vegetable grill rack in place.
- Toss bell peppers, jalapenos and onions with olive oil.
- Grill vegetable mixture, tossing frequently, until tender and lightly charred (about 7 minutes).
- Cool down grill to low by spreading coals out or reducing flame.
- Coat one side of 3 of the tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread 1/3 of the veggies on each tortilla.
- Top tortillas with cheese, place another tortilla on top of each and press firmly together.
- Spray tops of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray.
- Grill each quesadilla until cheese is melted and tortilla is lightly toasted (about 4 minutes).
- Flip and grill other side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining quesadillas (how many you can cook at once is dependant on the size of your grill).
- Cut warm quesadillas into wedges and serve immediately.