Total: 40 Minutes
Ingredients of Caramelized Tomato Bruschetta:
- 1 slender baguette (8 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pt. large cherry tomatoes, halved
- About 1/4 tsp. each kosher salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup small fresh basil leaves
Directions for Caramelized Tomato Bruschetta:
- Heat grill to medium (350° to 450°). Cut 18 thin slices from baguette, each 3 to 4 in. long. Save remaining bread for another use. Set baguette slices on a tray to carry to grill and brush all over with about 1 tbsp. oil.
- Grill bread with lid down, turning once with tongs, until browned, 1 to 3 minutes total. Transfer to a platter.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof frying pan on cooking grate with grill lid down until water dances when sprinkled on skillet, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1 1/2 tbsp. oil and spread with a heatproof brush. Pour tomato halves into pan, then quickly turn with tongs so all are cut side down. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook with grill lid down, without stirring, until juices evaporate and tomatoes are blackened on cut side, 10 to 15 minutes. Gently loosen tomatoes from pan with a wide metal spatula as they’re done and transfer to a bowl.
- Spoon ricotta into a bowl and drizzle remaining 1/2 tbsp. oil on top. Put basil in another bowl. Set out toasts with tomatoes, ricotta, and basil so people can build their own bruschetta. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Amount per serving
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 45%
- Protein: 8.2g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Cholesterol: 16mg