Time: 30 minutes or fewer.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup Chardonnay wine
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz. uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 6 asparagus spears (¼ lb.)
- ¼ red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- To make Sauce: Blend cashews and 1 cup water in blender or food processor until smooth. Strain out solids using fine mesh strainer; discard solids.
- Simmer Chardonnay in small saucepan over medium heat 7 to 10 minutes, or until reduced to approximately 1/3 cup liquid. Stir in cashew mixture, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, and ground black pepper. Keep warm.
- To make Pasta: cook fettuccine in boiling salted water according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, bring 1/4 cup water to a simmer in small skillet. Add spinach, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until wilted. Keep warm.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat. Grill asparagus 7 minutes, turning once. Grill bell pepper strips 2 minutes, or until wilted. Keep warm.
- Drain fettuccine, and return to pot. Toss with Sauce, and divide between 2 plates. Top each serving with wilted spinach, asparagus, and bell pepper strips.
Per Serving (3/4 cup pasta tossed with 1/4 cup sauce and vegetables):
- Calories: 386
- Protein: 15 g
- Total Fat: 16 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Carbohydrates: 49 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 184 mg
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 6 g