Preparation and cooking times:
Prep 10 mins.
Cook 10 mins.
- 2 fennel bulbs , sliced lengthways into 1cm-thick pieces
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped black Kalamata olives
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- juice 1 lemon
- small handful each parsley and basil, finely chopped
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan. Toss the fennel in 1 tbsp of the oil, coating well. Cook for 5 mins on each side until golden brown and charred.
- To make the dressing, put the olives, garlic, lemon juice and remaining oil in a bowl. Add the chopped herbs and combine. Lay the fennel on a platter and pour over the dressing. Eat warm or at room temperature.
NUTRITION PER SERVING:
69 kcalories, protein 1g, carbohydrate 3g, fat 6 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 5g, sugar 2g, salt 0.2 g