Servings # 6.
Number of ingredients: 3.
Prep time: 25 Min.
Total time: 25 Min.
Ingredients of Asparagus on the Grill:
- 1 1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Asparagus on the Grill:
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Brush asparagus with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on grill or in grill basket (grill “wok”). Place on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 minutes. Turn asparagus or shake basket to turn asparagus; cook 3 to 4 minutes longer or until lightly browned and crisp-tender.
- Place asparagus on serving platter.
- To bump up the flavor, try using a flavored olive oil.
- Make a sauce by melting 2 tablespoons butter and stirring in chopped, drained roasted red bell peppers from a 7-oz jar. To serve, microwave the sauce uncovered on High 30 seconds. Stir, then microwave 30 to 45 seconds longer or until hot.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 50 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 15mg; Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 1g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;0 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:0; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.