Prep Time: 15 mins.
Cook Time: 10 mins.
- 8 slices country white bread
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 8 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- cooking spray
- Place 4 bread slices on a work surface.
- Arrange 1/2 cup cheddar cheese on each slice.
- Top each slice with 2 tomato slices and 1 T basil.
- Top with remaining 4 bread slices.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add sandwiches to pan; cook 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn sandwiches over; cover and cook for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.