These are like a baked potato, but better! This recipe is so simple and makes a delicious side dish, a ‘baked’ potato that is soft in the middle and perfectly grilled on the outside. We dip ours in sour cream and green onions!
PREP TIME: 5 min.
TOTAL TIME: 27 min.
Original recipe makes 4 servings.
- 2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Poke each potato with the tines of a fork. Place the potatoes in a microwave oven, and cook on high power for about 5 minutes. Check about halfway through, and turn potatoes over for even cooking. Slice each potato in half the long way and cook potatoes another 2 minutes on high power.
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Brush the potato tops with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on prepared grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once.