Ready in 40 minutes.
- 250g paneer (indian cheese), cut into chunks
- 4 very ripe tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 onion , chopped and whizzed to a purée with a thumb sized piece of ginger and clove of garlic
- 300g frozen peas , defrosted
- spice mix made from 2 tsp garam masala, ½ tsp turmeric and a pinch cayenne
- 300ml vegetable stock or water
Fry the paneer in 2 tbsp of oil until golden brown. Scoop out. Fry the onion mix until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in the spices, then the tomatoes and stock, and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. Add the paneer and peas and cook for 5 minutes.
Most peas are frozen directly after harvesting, which means they retain nearly all of their vitamins.
Nutrition per serving:
388 kcalories, protein 19.7g, carbohydrate 15.8g, fat 27.7 g, saturated fat 11.2g, fiber 5.2g, salt 2.57 g