- 3 Slicer Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 pinches Sugar
- 6 Small Slices Crusty Bread (we Used Our Favorite Cheesy Semolina)
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Melted
- ¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
- 2 ounces, weight Goat Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Fresh Herbs (we Used Basil, Parsley, And Rosemary)
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar Reduction Or Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice the tomatoes about 1/4 inch thick and spread them out on the baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar. Pour mixture evenly over tomatoes. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are slightly shrunk and softened.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Use a pastry brush to brush melted butter on both sides of the bread slices. Place slices in the skillet and grill until evenly browned. Flip bread and continue to grill until both sides are browned. Remove bread to a plate.
- Add 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese to the hot skillet. Grill until cheese is crispy and browned. Remove to a plate and break into pieces.
- To assemble, divide bread slices among two plates. Smear one side of the bread with goat cheese. Top with 2-3 slices of roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle with assorted herbs. Drizzle evenly with balsamic vinegar reduction. Top with Parmesan crisps. Serve immediately.