PREP : 20 mins.
COOK : 5 mins.
READY IN: 1 hr 25 mins.
Original recipe makes 5 servings
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and cut into wide strips
- 3 zucchinis, sliced
- 6 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Place eggplant, red bell peppers, zucchinis and fresh mushrooms in a medium bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, basil and garlic. Pour the mixture over the vegetables, cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Place vegetables directly on the grill or on skewers. Cook on the prepared grill 2 to 3 minutes per side, brushing frequently with the marinade, or to desired doneness.