Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Cool Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
- 2 pounds potatoes, diced (optionally peeled)
- 1 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (~1/2 small lemon) (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes in water until just fork tender, about 15-20 minutes, drain and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile cook the bacon and set aside on pepper towels to drain.
- Mix everything and optionally, though highly recommended, let it chill in the fridge to allow the flavours to mingle before serving.
Option: Replace some of the sour cream with mayonnaise.
Option: Add broccoli.