Original recipe makes 8 servings
- 4 medium yellow squash
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Cut the squash horizontally into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch thick slices so that you have nice long strips that won’t fall through the grill.
- Heat olive oil in a small pan, and add garlic cloves. Cook over medium heat until the garlic starts to sizzle and become fragrant. Brush the slices of squash with the garlic oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill squash slices for 5 to 10 minutes per side, until they reach the desired tenderness. Brush with additional garlic oil, and turn occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.