- 4 leeks, green ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 baby eggplants, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup(s) Romesco Pesto
- Place leeks in a large bowl filled with cold water. Let stand 20 minutes; rinse under running water to flush out any remaining sand.
- Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, salt, and pepper. Add zucchini and eggplant, tossing until coated.
- Grill vegetables 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until leeks are charred and zucchini and eggplant are tender. Peel off charred leek leaves. Arrange all vegetables on a platter with Romesco Pesto in a bowl on the side.
- To eat, dip vegetables into pesto or spoon onto each one individually.