A mix of fresh veggies in a tangy marinade. It helps to have a grill basket for this, or really small openings on your grill grates. Orange bell peppers and green beans (instead of asparagus) can also be used. This serves 4 as a side or salad topping, or 2 as a main dish. My green curry paste is fairly mild, so if yours is hot, adjust amount according to tastes.
- 1/2 lime, juice of (fresh)
- 1 orange, juice of (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 medium zucchini, unpeeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds (cut at an angle)
- 4 -6 large cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and slice into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and slice into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2 lb fresh asparagus, tough stem ends trimmed and spears cut into 3-inch pieces (use thin spears)
- 1/2 large purple onion, peeled and cut into rings (separate rings)
- Mix first 7 ingredients (lime juice through curry paste) in a small bowl until blended.
- Put all of the veggies into a large zip-top plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal and toss gently to coat veggies. Marinate 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- When grill is ready, dump veggies into grill basket and cook over med-high heat for 15-30 minutes (or until cooked to your crispness preference) , gently turning veggies halfway through cooking time.
- Remove from heat and serve, or cool to room temperature and use on a salad.
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Vegetables With Green Curry Marinade:
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories 121.4Calories from Fat 65||53%|
|Total Fat 7.2 g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.6g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||14%|