- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, quartered
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread (14 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the zucchini, pepper, onion and salad dressing. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and discard marinade.
- Brush cut sides of bread with oil; set aside. Place vegetables on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm. Grill bread, oil side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, peel and garlic. Spread over bread bottom; sprinkle with cheese. Top with vegetables and remaining bread. Cut into four slices.
Nutritional Facts 1 slice equals 484 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 13 g protein.