Number of ingredients: 11.
Prep time: 1 Hr 10 Min.
Total time: 1 Hr 25 Min.
Servings # 24.
- 2 ears corn, husked, cleaned and broken crosswise in half
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges, separated
- 2 jalapeño chiles, cut in half, seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half, seeded
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. In large bowl, toss corn, zucchini, bell pepper, onion and chiles with oil. Place in grill basket (grill “wok”).
- Cover and grill vegetables over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes, shaking basket or stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes to basket; cover and grill 1 to 2 minutes longer or until tomatoes are hot. Remove basket from grill; cool vegetables 15 minutes.
- Cut corn off cobs (about 1 cup kernels); chop all remaining vegetables into small pieces. In large bowl, mix vegetables, lime peel, cilantro and salt. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Store covered in refrigerator.
For salsa with an extra kick, include the seeds of the jalapeño chiles.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 170mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:0 Starch;0 Fruit;1/2 Other Carbohydrate;0 Skim Milk;0 Low-Fat Milk;0 Milk;1/2 Vegetable;0 Very Lean Meat;0 Lean Meat;0 High-Fat Meat;1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.