Servings: 8 fajitas.
Prep Time: 15 mins.
Total Time: 50 mins.
- 3 tablespoonslime juice
- 2 teaspoonsground cumin
- 2 teaspoonschili powder
- 1/2 teaspoonsalt
- 1/8 teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1 medium-sizered onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 poundasparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 largegreen, yellow and red pepper, each cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-sizeyellow squash, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium-sizezucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 8 small(6-inch) 96% fat-free flour tortillas
- 1 can(16 ounces) refried beans, heated
- 1/2 cupreduced-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Grape Tomato Salsa
- Heat gas grill to medium-high or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals. In a bowl, stir lime juice, cumin, chili powder, salt, cayenne.
- Place onion rings on large plate; brush both sides with some of the lime juice mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place asparagus in a large resealable plastic bag, peppers in a second bag and squash and zucchini in a third. Divide remaining lime juice mixture among the 3 bags. (Can be done 2 hours ahead.)
- Coat all vegetables with nonstick spray and grill, covered. Grill asparagus 10 minutes, turning often, and onion, 8 minutes, turning once. In a grill basket, cook single layer of peppers 10 minutes, turning often; remove. Add squash in a single layer; grill 6 minutes, turning once. Place all vegetables on a platter.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spread each with 2 tablespoons hot refried beans, then 3/4 cup mixed grilled vegetables. Top with 1 tablespoon each cheese and guacamole and 2 tablespoons salsa. Fold in half. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas, and serve.
Per serving: Calories 216, Total Fat 2 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 1 mg, Sodium 762 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fiber 7 g, Protein 11 g. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.