Prep: 20 min. Grill: 15 min. Yield: 8 Servings.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Brush cut sides of bread with oil. Layer with tomatoes and zucchini; sprinkle with cheddar cheese, pimientos, olives and Creole seasoning.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place bread on grill rack. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; grill 2-4 minutes longer or until melted. Yield: 8 servings.
- Editor’s Note: The following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 312 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.