Makes: 4 servings
Active Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 8 slices whole-wheat or sourdough bread
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 8-ounce tuna fillets, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 cups watercress or baby arugula, tough stems removed
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Lightly brush bread slices with oil. Brush tuna with the remaining oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and salt.
- Grill the tuna, turning once, until cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Grill the bread, turning once, until beginning to brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon chili powder in a small bowl. Thinly slice the tuna with the grain.
- To assemble the sandwiches, spread about 2 tablespoons of the lemon-chili mayonnaise over 4 slices of bread. Top with about 3/4 cup watercress (or arugula), the tuna and the remaining slices of bread.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Wrap and refrigerate the sandwiches for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 442 calories; 19 g fat ( 2 g sat , 9 g mono ); 52 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 36 g protein; 5 g fiber; 753 mg sodium; 781 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (33% daily value), Magnesium (24% dv), Potassium (23% dv), Vitamin C (22% dv), Iron (16% dv).