Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Yield Serves: 4.
- 1/2 recipe Grilled Tomatoes
- 1/2 pound store-bought pizza dough
- Flour, for work surface
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Fontina cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- After preparing grilled tomatoes, reduce grill to low. Divide pizza dough into four pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, shape dough into rough 12-inch-long ovals. Alternate between rolling the dough with a pin and stretching it with your hands. If it tears, pinch dough together to patch.
- Place dough on grill. Cook until lightly charred on one side, 3 to 4 minutes; press lightly with a spatula to deflate any air bubbles.
- Flip dough; layer with cheese and grilled tomatoes, dividing evenly. Cover grill; cook until cheese melts and bottoms of crusts are charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Garnish with basil.