Original recipe makes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large portobello mushroom, cut into 3/4 inch slices
- In a small bowl, mix together tequila, melted butter, roasted garlic oil, lime juice, and minced garlic. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Brush grate with vegetable oil. Brush mushroom slices with tequila mixture, and place on grill. Cook until the mushroom slices begin to wilt, then turn and brush with more of the tequila mixture. Cook for a few minutes, until mushrooms are tender. Watch carefully so they do not burn.