Super easy to make, and an absolutely delicious accompaniment to those summer night dinners out in the backyard. In fact, this photo of the Grilled Summer Vegetables is from a summer dinner last year. Enjoy!
Cook time: 30-45 minutes.
- 1 small summer squash, cut into semi-thick strips
- 4 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 7 red potatoes, cubed
- 10-12 asparagus
- 3-4 zucchinis, halved
- 2 ears of corn cut into thirds
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all veggies except the red onion. Separate the onion quarters into pieces, and add them to the mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir together thyme, rosemary, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Toss with vegetables until they are well coated.
- Set your grill on high. Spread the vegetables evenly in a grill basket and set over the flame. Check up on the veggies every 3-5 minutes and mix them around so they cook evenly. Once you can stick a fork effortlessly through everything (especially the potatoes) they are done.