Prep time: 10 Min.
Servings # 4
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small bell pepper (any color), cut into strips
- 1/2 cup 1/2-inch pieces green onions
- 1/4 cup maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Cut four 18×12-inch sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place sausage, squash and bell pepper on each foil sheet. Sprinkle with onions.
- Mix syrup, orange juice and salt in small bowl; pour over sausage mixture on foil sheets. Fold foil over sausage mixture so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4 to 6 inches from medium heat 35 to 40 minutes or until sausage is thoroughly heated and squash is tender. Place packets on plates; unfold foil.
- Another great golden vegetable for these packets is sweet potatoes. Use 3 to 4 medium sweet potatoes in place of the squash.
- These packets can be made in the morning and then refrigerated. When dinnertime is at hand, fire up the grill and toss the packets on the grill. Cleanup is as easy as tossing the foil in the garbage.
- Serve these maple-flavored packets over cooked rice or orzo pasta, or with polenta. Add fresh fruit for a summer meal packed with healthful fruits and vegetables.
1 Serving (1 Serving) Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 280), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 12g,), Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 1320mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Protein 15g; Percent Daily Value*: Exchanges:2 Fruit;1 Vegetable;2 High-Fat Meat;2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2; *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.