Servings: Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Prep Time: 10 mins.
Total Time: 30 mins.
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- 1 clovegarlic, minced
- 2 teaspoonssnipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed; or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoonsalt
- 4 cupsmixed vegetables, such as eggplant chunks; halved small yellow squash, zucchini, or pattypan squash; green beans; red onion wedges; and/or sliced yellow, red, or green sweet pepper
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the olive oil, garlic, rosemary or basil, and the salt.
- Add the vegetables to oil mixture, tossing to coat. Spoon vegetable mixture onto a 24×12-inch piece of heavy foil. Bring opposite edges of foil together; seal tightly with a double fold. Fold in remaining ends to completely enclose vegetables, leaving a little space for steam to build.
- Grill the vegetable packet on a grill rack directly over medium-hot coals about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, turning the packet over halfway through the cooking time. (Or, bake vegetables in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until tender.) Season vegetables to taste with pepper. Makes 4 side-dish servings.
Per serving: Calories 63, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 149 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g. Daily Values: Vitamin A 37%, Vitamin C 91%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%. Exchanges: Vegetable 1.5, Fat .5. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet