PREP: 15 mins.
COOK: 25 mins.
READY IN: 40 mins.
Original recipe makes 4 servings.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- Arrange potato slices, separated by onion and butter slices, on a large piece of aluminum foil. Top with garlic, and season with parsley, salt, and pepper. Tightly seal potatoes in the foil.
- Place on the preheated grill, and cook 20 minutes, turning once, or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle potatoes with Cheddar cheese, reseal foil packets, and continue cooking 5 minutes, until cheese is melted.